Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Breathe..

I have a confession to make. A big one.

Remember long long ago, not so long ago, but sometime ago ( ok enough with the long ago's) I did this Aah-maah-zing  interview with Adriano Zumbo - Patissier extrodinare, master chef hunk and food innovator?  

Well, two very interesting things happened on the day of the interview. I packed all my gear (i.e a pen, paper and my camera to record it all), wore my best clothes and found my way to Zumbo's store in Roselle, Sydney.  I stood outside the store and couldn't bring myself to open the front door. I had a million butterflies fluttering around in my belly and I was nervous wreck. 

"Breathe" I ordered myself - but to no avail. 

Now, being a seasoned actor - I put on my best smile, despite the million butterflies threatening to burst out of me, and walked in. His assistant Rose, very sweetly led me upstairs to meet the man himself. I shook his hand with my sweaty palms and sat down opposite him, trying to pull out the questions I had prepared. "Breathe" I ordered myself  again....but nothing was working.

I turned on my camera, hit the record button and asked him a whole bunch of questions. What happened on the next 20 was an absolute BLUR. I only know my time there had come to an end when he said "Would you like some Macaroons" 

"Yes Please" I think I said a bit too eagerly. I got a hand picked box of 6 macaroons, personally packed my Zumbo himself - and left feeling super Happy!!

I had just interviewed a really famous man, scored some free macaroons and achieved a personal goal. Yaay. 

I called for a cab, jumped in and turned my camera on to watch how the interview went ( since most of Q&A session was a blur). And Guess what I discovered? In my nervousness, I had hit the start button instead of the record button - I felt like a complete Dumbo.

Oh well, at least I had the macaroons to make me feel ok.


2 comments:

edson said...

Ola amigos boa noite me add ai

Nagaraj M said...

way to go.. u did fine... hope u will have a big day again with him... cheers...